Tuesday, January 19, 2010

High Noon

So I was listening to music on my way home (as is usual), and this song High Noon by Andrew Peterson came on. I stopped reading to really listen to the music and words, and while I don't plan on re-hashing the song, it had some profound statements. In the beginning of the song, Christ dies, and takes his last, shuddering breath on the cross. I had always pictured that moment, but a moment that I had never pictured was when the demons MUST have believed they had beaten this Christ, the one that had resisted them all of his life. They must have rejoiced, they must have reveled in his death. Demons rejoiced. But, thankfully, Jesus took another shuddering breath three days later, and the stone was rolled away, and sin was conquered. The shadows had been dispersed, and the battle was won. By our savior. And, unlike those demons, we don't revel in death, but rejoice in new life. However, as with my first post here, I still feel that we do not truly worship our savior as we should. I'm not saying that we should dance like crazy, or revel, but if you wanted to do so to demonstrate your gratitude to God, I certainly wouldn't stop you. And while I don't wish our model of worship to be demons, I feel as if I must point out that when demons were happy, they rejoiced. And we, as redeemed children of our God, rarely even raise our voices in a half-hearted song of praise. I just see something wrong there. So please, I emplore you, engage in true worship of your savior, and give him all you have to give this week, and always. Show him your appreciation of his dying for you with one shuddering breath, and conquering death with another.


4 comments:

  1. Good post! You make some interesting points, and I do think that we don't worship our Savior as much as we should and we don't think about what He did often enough. We really should praise Him more. Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff, Jon!

    I thought you might've been stealing my Easter post, but it looks like you narrowly avoided doing so ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried my best Chris. I aim to not steal (unless i'm programming).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, good post. Another thing to mention would be what OUR angels did on the third day. Man that would be a sight to see.

    ReplyDelete